Monday, October 10, 2011

The First : Part 2


While I was eating late lunch and talking with my housemate, we heard desperate knocks on the door. I instinctively wore my tudung and opened the door. "Ustazah, Hani sakit semula!", a panicked girl burst out. I followed her steps as fast as I could and as soon as I arrived at the dorm, I saw Hani was lying unconscious in the living room. The girl who accompanied her tried to wake her up but to no avail.

I hurriedly sat by her side and ordered her to open her eyes. Again, I slowly slapped her face a few times and called her name until she came to consciousness. She looked so frightened but she seemed to recognize me because she also looked a little relief. I assured her that I would be by her side, so she did not need to be afraid of being alone. Since she could not utter a word, I asked her to follow me reciting the Kalimah Syahadah and then she managed to tell me that the 'person' who harassed her earlier had came back. I told her that I will recite Ayat Kursi, so she needed to be brave and strong to fight the 'person'. She cried but nodded bravely. I then put my hand on her head and began reciting the Ayat Kursi. Within seconds, she cried her lungs out with a very hoarse voice and fainted again.

My housemate arrived and she played her Ayat Kursi mp3 as well as recited Bismillah 5 to a glass of water. I sprinkle some water on her face and tried to wake her up again. I feel like it was a never ending process. Waking up - screaming - fainting... over and over again. There were times when she looked like she was conscious but her eyes were widely open without even batting her eyelids. There was one time when I picked the courage to ask her, "Ini Hani ke?" She then shook her head. "Tolong lepaskan Hani, ya?" Again, she shook her head. It was really disturbing but I really wish I could do something to make her free. Once, I thought that I was talking to the real Hani because when I asked her whether she could recognize 'Ummi' and she responded by looking directly into my eyes. But rather than looking, it felt more like staring right through me and chills began to spread all over my body. I then hurriedly closed her eyes and recited 'Istighfar' as many as I could. Thank to Allah I did not waver and always asking for His guidance and protection.

The cycle of screaming and fainting continued until a veteran school guard who was experienced in dealing with this kind of phenomenon came to cure the girl. He recited a few Al-Quran verses and Du'a and sprinkle some water on her face and her mouth. She then screamed and fainted, and within seconds she began to open her eyes easily. Alhamdulillah! Although exhausted she looked fully conscious. After making sure that she was really okay, my housemate and I went home feeling so tired, mentally and physically. We can only pray that there would be no other similar occurrences in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment